Join our team!
Farm & Facilities Manager
The Farm and Facilities Manager will work alongside and supervise full-time and seasonal maintenance crews in the most efficient way possible to ensure our barn and apartment tenants receive excellent service. The Farm and Facilities Manager will demonstrate a hands-on, can-do leadership style that results in leading by example, communicating extensively with staff and tenants, and ensuring all work is done with efficiency as the driver. The person in this position will have a general working knowledge of a wide variety of farm and property management maintenance scenarios and will maintain all equipment to the highest standards. The Maintenance Foreman will report directly to the CFO of Big Lick, LLC.
- Organize and direct staff with hands-on leadership
- Prioritize maintenance requests to ensure the tenant experience is well above what other training facilities deliver
- Develop program to maintain all horse training equipment and amenities, including related documentation (i.e. vitafloors, eurocisers, round pens, equine spa, swim ponds and other various specialty equipment)
- Organize preventative maintenance on farm equipment and vehicles, ensuring that all are maintained according to manufacturer specifications and properly documented as such
- Coordinate contractors when tasks require outside expertise
- Oversee maintenance of rental units
- Identify opportunities to utilize defined processes or procedures to eliminate errors and increase efficiencies
- Ensure all maintenance materials, supplies, and equipment is in pristine condition, organized and put away orderly at the end of each day
- Interpersonal skills that overcome barriers to keep initiatives moving to completion
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and keep all stakeholders updated on work status via text, call, or maintenance software app
- Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented with experience using software to organize tasks and prevent issues from falling off the radar
- Experience working with preventative maintenance programs and knowledge of their value when properly executed
- Ability to operate and maintain various types of farm equipment effectively and safely
- Working knowledge of building trades and facilities maintenance
- Highly motived with a can-do attitude
- Work well under pressure to resolve urgent issues and get results
- Must be able to read and write English and ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required
Big Lick LLC is a holding company for a variety of horse-related businesses headquartered in north central Florida and central Virginia. Currently, there are three major lines of business – thoroughbred training center (biglick.com), trucking and logistics (all-inremoval.com), and luxury equestrian resort and dining (blackprong.com) that operate under the Big Lick LLC umbrella. This position is part of the thoroughbred training center operation which operates as Big Lick Stall Rental (“BLSR”) at Oak Ridge Training Center. Oak Ridge Training Center is Florida’s premier thoroughbred training center, with BLSR owning 11 of the 14 twenty-acre parcels that comprise Oak Ridge. Collectively, BLSR encompasses 220 acres, with 22 barns, 450 stalls, 28 apartments and houses, and an endless array of high-end training amenities. BLSR’s year-round tenants represent some of the wealthiest and highest-profile owners in the thoroughbred racing world.
Our team members are a vital part of our success, both now, and in the future. For that reason, we foster an environment where success and personal and professional growth is both expected and significantly rewarded. We offer a friendly work environment with many opportunities for you to put your fingerprint on the success of the company.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or to ask any questions.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience, bonuses, health and dental benefits, paid time off, holiday pay, 401k plan with company match, life insurance, and company cell phone.
This is not intended to be a list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While this is an accurate description of the current job, a rapidly growing company requires that all employees be open to changes in assignments as may be required in order to best make use of the strengths of our team and to implement our dynamic company strategy.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that conducts pre-employment background checks.